Earlier this morning, the US Department of Justice gave the T-Mobile / MetroPCS merger its official green light in the form of a 30-day waiting period, which expires is there are no objections made within those 30 days. But it looks as though T-Mobile is a little too eager to get the merger ball rolling as it seems the company may already be performing a significant round of layoffs within its Bellevue headquarters.
The reports are coming from people inside of the company and may affect over 100 people within T-Mobile’s marketing division as well as other groups within the company. These layoffs are expected to happen sometime today as conference rooms have been designated for “integration” meetings.
As of now, no official word has come from T-Mobile in regards to these reports, but considering T-Mobile has been steadily losing customers, which the claim its recent drop in customers is due to the iPhone 5, we wouldn’t doubt something big is about to go down at T-Mobile if its merger with MetroPCS happens.
Next Story: 3D Printed Violin Ready To Drop A Tune
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: T-Mobile's "Simple Starter Plan" Lowers Entry Cost
- 2014-04-03: Sprint's Response To T-Mobile's Uncarrier Revealed In Leaked Photo
- 2014-02-25: MetroPCS' Network To Be Decommissioned By End Of 2014
- 2013-07-26: MetroPCS Adds Nokia Lumia 521, LG Optimus F3 While Expanding Coverage
- 2013-06-13: T-Mobile UNcarrier "Phase 2" Expected To Launch On 23rd June
- 2013-06-12: MetroPCS Bring-Your-Own-Phone Program Launched
- 2013-03-12: FCC Approves T-Mobile, MetroPCS Merger