For most of us, entering the house and turning on the lights involves a flick of a switch. Turning on another light is another switch, the fan, the air-con and so on. However with home automation starting to catch on, we wouldn’t be surprised if one day the majority of us lived in homes where our gestures could control more than one gadget from a single switch, and that’s what the Ube WiFi Smart Dimmer is hoping to accomplish. Making an appearance at SXSW, its creators have announced an upgraded version of its Smart Dimmer that will be able to control other smart devices at home.
As it stands, the Smart Dimmer does exactly as its name implies, which is adjust the lighting in your home by swiping on the touchpad. A single swipe turns your lights on/off, while using two fingers will adjust multiple lights. Now no longer content with merely adjusting the lighting in homes, the updated version of the Smart Dimmer will be able to control other smart devices, such as a smart water sprinkler simply by swiping the letter “W”, or enabling/disabling your home alarm by tracing the letter “A” on its surface. No word on when this updated version will be released, but for those interested in its current iteration can head on over to its Kickstarter page for the details.
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10