Ever since Tomb Raider was revealed back in late 2010, it’s been regularly been the topic of discussion by gamers as both Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics look to reboot the series by telling the story of a young Lara Croft. Over two years have passed since the game’s first debut, and today is the day all Tomb Raider fans can finally head to their local video game retailer and say, “I’d like a copy of Tomb Raider, please.”
The lead up to today’s launch has been an exciting one as even though Tomb Raider was hit with a delay, fans were still anticipating today’s release. The new Tomb Raider also introduces a new multiplayer mode, has it’s own limited edition Xbox 360 controller and will even be the topic of a future film.
I’ve been playing Tomb Raider since this weekend and I can tell you the opening sequence, which you could see a good portion of in Conan O’Brien’s review, is quite unforgettable. I can’t recall a main character who suffers so much in an opening sequence of a game as Lara Croft does in this new game, which just goes to show how much of a remarkable video game character she is.
So, are you planning on picking up Tomb Raider today or some time in the near future?RELATED
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- Bethesda’s Silence Is Deafening For Fallout Fans
- Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- Bethesda Has Nothing To Announce At The Spike TV VGX
- Final Fantasy VIII Launches On PC Via Steam
- Follow: square enix, tomb raider,