The last Tomb Raider movie with Angelina Jolie was The Cradle of Life which was back in 2003, although since then the Tomb Raider game has been given a well-deserved reboot. Now it looks like the movie will be following suit according to Crystal Dyamics’ head Darrell Gallagher in an interview with Variety. The exact specifics of this new Tomb Raider movie was not revealed, but Gallagher did share that the new movie will be loosely based on the rebooted Tomb Raider game and will feature a less experienced Lara Croft (versus the butt-kicking character Angelina Jolie portrayed in the first two movies).
According to Gallagher, “They [Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby] are working from this new take that we’ve given them […] It’s a good partnership. We’re seeing the challenges through the same lens […] It was important for both of us to have a cohesive version of the franchise. We didn’t want to see a film version that was a continuation of the old Tomb Raider films.” The Tomb Raider game reboot was released on the 5th of March and based on the reviews we’ve seen so far, many are impressed. Hopefully the movie will be able to do it justice as well. So, any suggestions on who could play the new Lara Croft?
- 2014-04-14: University Professor Attempts To Explain Why Video Game Movies Tend To Fail
- 2014-03-24: Dark And Edgy Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-03-19: HTC One To Make An Appearance In Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- 2014-01-29: Tomb Raider On Xbox One And PS4 Share Same Assets, Says Square Enix
- 2014-01-28: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Hits The PS4
- 2013-12-17: Tomb Raider For iOS
- 2013-12-17: Original Tomb Raider Released For iOS Devices
- 2013-12-08: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition PS4 And Xbox One Release Confirmed