Apple rumors while certainly juicy at times, is subject to a lot of skepticism as no one really knows what the Cupertino company is up to. We’ve been hearing rumors about the 5th-gen iPad for quite a while now, with some suggesting that it could be seeing an April launch. However according to the folks at Digitimes, they are now claiming that according to their sources, production for the 5th-gen iPad is expected to begin in July-August 2013, hinting that a much later release/availability of the tablet.
While Apple has typically announced its iPads early in the year as it did with the iPad 2 and iPad 3, the launch of the iPad mini and the 4th-gen iPad in November of last year might have changed things a bit. Granted some iPad 3 owners are a bit miffed that they only got 6 months to enjoy the tablet before it became old news, another release after 6 months no longer seemed impossible. However Digitimes has been known to get their rumors wrong more often than not, so take this with a grain of salt for now. Assuming it is true, we’re guessing iPad 4 owners will be quite pleased at this piece of news.
- 2013-10-22: iPad Air Overview
- 2013-10-21: iPad 5 May Get A Keyboard Smart Cover Of Its Own [Rumor]
- 2013-10-14: Purported Gold iPad 5 And iPad 2 Mini Leaked
- 2013-10-14: iPad Mini With Retina Display Reportedly Bit Thicker Due To Bigger Battery
- 2013-10-14: Retina iPad Mini Won't Be Announced On October 22nd [Analyst]