Aereo has recently been in the news for its ability to offer streams for over-the-air broadcasts from channels like ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and PBS to then make them available on PCs and mobile devices for a monthly fee, and today, the company is announcing it will be bringing its service to the Boston area starting May 15.
Customers in the New York City area as well as a few others have been able to use the service as Aereo has installed a number of antennas within a supported area to retrieve over-the-air broadcasts to then allow its customers to watch them digitally whenever they like. Aereo also offers a cloud-based DVR to allow its customers to watch shows whenever they have time.
Boston residents who have pre-registered for Aereo are expected to receive an invitation to join on May 15, while potential customers who have yet to pre-register will be able to accesss the service after May 30. Hopefully the Boston area will be a little more welcoming to Aereo as the company had to fight their way to be made available in New York City by winning in court against TV networks for it to continue to offer its service.RELATED
- YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- OmniVision Announces Video-in-Video Camera Technology For Smartphones And Tablets
- Snapseed finally makes its way onto Android, iOS version now free of charge
- Polycom New Solutions: RealPresence CloudAxis, New User Interface, RealPresence Desktop 2.0, Virtual Edge Executive Desktop
- Sony reveals Exmor RS image sensor for mobile devices
- Follow: streaming video,
- Seen at: marketwire