We know that Blizzard is currently working on a next-gen MMO codenamed Titan. Blizzard has acknowledged this themselves, but apart from that, the developer did not share any additional details about the upcoming game. Will it be based on a new world/story, or will be based on Blizzard’s currently portfolio of games, such as Diablo or StarCraft (probably not Warcraft since there already is a World of Warcraft)? Well according to website Titan Focus, they claim to have gotten details about the upcoming game that based on that, seems like a brand new franchise.
It is expected to be based on the history of Earth but will include high amounts of fiction and will see inclusion of Warcraft elements in the world. It will also feature time travelling and will see heavy use of Greek, Roman and Viking myths. Blizzard has also reportedly hired some top notch writers, such as Richard A. Knaak, to help develop the story line. Titan will also be based off a brand new engine and will primarily be a PC game, but next-gen consoles are being taken into consideration. Interestingly for an MMO, Titan Focus’ source claims that Blizzard will be designing the game with eSports in mind, although we’re not sure how this will work out. Perhaps highly competitive arenas like in World of Warcraft, perhaps?
We’ll take this with a grain of salt for now, but if you’d like to learn more, head on over to Titan Focus’ website for the details. In the meantime what do you guys make of this? Possible?
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy Win Leaked On Vietnamese Website
- 2014-04-11: Blizzard Unveils New Heroes Of The Storm Characters
- 2014-04-11: World Of Warcraft's Choppers Are About To Be Made A Reality
- 2014-04-08: Blizzard Files For Overwatch Trademark
- 2014-04-08: Warlords Of Draenor New Tauren Animations Shown Off
- 2014-04-03: World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor Enters Alpha Testing Phase
- 2013-08-01: Blizzard's Project Titan Unlikely To Be Subscription-Based
- 2013-05-28: Blizzard's Project Titan Reportedly Delayed Until 2016 As Company Hits Reset Button [Updated]
- 2012-09-28: Blizzard's project "Titan" in the middle of development with over 100 team members
- 2011-09-28: Blizzard to reveal next generation MMO at BlizzCon 2011? (updated)
- 2010-12-17: Blizzard Entertainment Next-Gen 'Titan' MMO Game Confirmed