We wouldn’t feel a day filled with news is complete without the mention of an Android device getting its wings, which is what we call it when it receives Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. We almost made it through an entire day feeling an empty void in our geek hearts, but thankfully LG has come to save the day by announcing one of its Android smartphones is getting its wings.
AT&T and LG are announcing the LG Escape will begin receiving Android 4.1 Jelly Bean starting today that will bring the usual suspect of improvements to the device such as improvements to the device’s notifications, SMS and MMS. AT&T is also makes its DriveMode available in today’s update which helps drivers stay away from texting and driving by sending out automatic text responses to incoming texts, e-mails or calls when it senses you’re traveling at least 25 mph. If you’re traveling below 25 mph, then we guess it’s OK with AT&T for you to quickly glance at your phone while you’re driving, that is, as long as you’re not driving a bus or precious cargo.
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21: Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-03-09: Android SDK For Wearables Coming In Two Weeks
- 2013-12-13: LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat Begins Rolling Out For Some Users [Update]
- 2012-10-29: Android 4.2 Preview with the Google Nexus 4
- 2012-10-15: LG Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update schedule revealed