Apple has pulled the AppGratis app from iTunes App Store. AppGratis is a very popular app discovery app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It previously used to support the iPhone only, the iPad version was released not so long ago. As of now, the app is no longer available for download. It has been pulled though both Apple and AppGratis have not commented on the reason behind this.
It is being said that AppGratis has been pulled because it possibly violates an App Store rule that says “Apps other than your own for purchase or promotion in a manner similar to or confusing with the App Store will be rejected.” We’ve seen this happen in the past as well with the AppShopper app, that was pulled due to violation of this very rule. AppGratis has over 7 million users and has raised $13.5 million back in January. This Paris based outfit is a well established company, perhaps Apple will let their app back in the iOS App Store once they tweak it enough to conform to Cupertino’s rigid guidelines regarding apps.
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Corning Executive Names Sapphire As Expensive, Heavy And Environmentally Unfriendly
- Nanyang Girls’ High School In Singapore Uses iPad As Learning Aid
- Ember iPhone Case Will Help Improve Your Phone's Flash
- Apple's M7 Continues To Track Even When Battery Is Dead