Today the Microsoft SkyDrive app for iOS has finally been updated. The app stopped receiving updates after issues arose between Apple and Microsoft. The dispute was over the 30% revenue cut that is obtained from SkyDrive storage purchases through the app, which lead to Apple blocking updates for the app. The last update for this app was released on 1st June, 2012. Microsoft had confirmed that it was working with Apple to resolve the dispute. They’ve now settled matters and version 3.0 of SkyDrive iOS app is finally available for download.
Version 3.0 brings new UI updates as well as compatibility for the iPad mini and iPhone 5. Users will now have the ability to control size of photos that are uploaded and downloaded using the app, along with being able to download full resolution photos on their iOS device. The app comes with a host of bug fixes and performance improvements. Microsoft hasn’t revealed exactly how the dispute was resolved, all it is saying is that they’re excited to let people use the latest version of SkyDrive app for iOS. The update can be downloaded right now from iTunes App Store.
- This iWatch Concept Gives It A More Classic Look
- iPhones More Likely To Be Stolen, But Less Likely To Require Repairing [Study]
- Safety Concerns Raised Over CarPlay Feature
- Mercedes-Benz Could Offer CarPlay Installations For Older Models
- Apple 'Scrambling' To Meet FCC Deadline On In-App Purchases [Report]