Today the Microsoft SkyDrive app for iOS has finally been updated. The app stopped receiving updates after issues arose between Apple and Microsoft. The dispute was over the 30% revenue cut that is obtained from SkyDrive storage purchases through the app, which lead to Apple blocking updates for the app. The last update for this app was released on 1st June, 2012. Microsoft had confirmed that it was working with Apple to resolve the dispute. They’ve now settled matters and version 3.0 of SkyDrive iOS app is finally available for download.
Version 3.0 brings new UI updates as well as compatibility for the iPad mini and iPhone 5. Users will now have the ability to control size of photos that are uploaded and downloaded using the app, along with being able to download full resolution photos on their iOS device. The app comes with a host of bug fixes and performance improvements. Microsoft hasn’t revealed exactly how the dispute was resolved, all it is saying is that they’re excited to let people use the latest version of SkyDrive app for iOS. The update can be downloaded right now from iTunes App Store.
- 2014-02-10: OneDrive Launch To Entice Users With Free Storage
- 2014-01-27: Microsoft Introduces OneDrive As A SkyDrive Rebrand
- 2013-12-22: Microsoft's Early Christmas Present: 20GB Of Free SkyDrive Storage For WP users
- 2013-11-25: Microsoft Might Rename SkyDrive To 'NewDrive'
- 2013-11-21: SkyDrive For iOS Updated With Automatic Photo Uploads
- 2013-11-19: Xbox One DVR Clips Can Be Uploaded, Shared With SkyDrive