We’ve been hearing all sorts of rumors regarding the iTV that will supposedly be released by Apple. Some believe it will only see a release in 2014, while others are a bit more optimistic and expect it in 2013. Some remain completely skeptical that such a device even exists at all. In any case according to Brian White of Topeka Capital Markets, after meeting Apple’s suppliers from China and Taiwan, White seems convinced that Apple will launch the fabled iTV in 2013 which is expected to be accompanied by an iRing accessory.
According to White, the iRing accessory is meant to serve as a navigational device, ultimately replacing some functionality provided by traditional remote controls, as well as enhance motion detection. White goes on to state that the iTV will be sold as a bundle with a mini iTV screen measuring 9.7”. This secondary display could be used for home security, video conference, phone calls and more. To be honest this sounds like a stretch of the imagination and we can’t help but think it seems highly unlikely that Apple will launch such accessories. The iTV maybe, but the iRing and a mini iTV to accompany it? Perhaps not. We’ll take this with a grain of salt for now and suggest you do the same, at least until more evidence surfaces.
- Glucose Monitoring Might Not Make It Onto The iWatch
- iWatch Rumored To Feature Flexible Display From TPK
- LG Reportedly Lands Exclusive Deal To Manufacture Apple's iWatch Display Panels
- Apple Reportedly Talking To LG, Sharp, AU Optronics For iTV Display Panels
- Apple Busy Hiring iWatch Designers, Pushing For 2014 Release [Rumor]