A job listing by Apple for the position of a Senior Optical Engineer was posted on April 1, and after 9 days, it seems that Apple has pulled down that particular listing. This removal would certainly raise eyebrows, especially when the job listing did look for “a Display Specialist to lead the investigation on emerging display technologies such as high optical efficiency LCD, AMOLED and flexible displays”, which would most probably also see the opportunity to work with a pair of patents that Apple was recently awarded based on flexible devices which could alter operating modes depending on how the user manipulates the display.
While the job listing has been removed, those who saw it earlier on continued to share with the world that this particular position required an “in-depth understanding of display technology, particularly LCD & OLED design & optical performance trade-offs, including optical design, viewing angle, color and white point management, gamma and dimming control, visual performance and artifacts; and characterization metrics.” It would be interesting to see how Apple’s flexible display capable device would look like, if it ever rolls off the production line.
Next Story: StarTech Portable USB Flash Duplicator
- 2014-01-16: Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17: Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11: Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08: Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court