Apple will be expanding its smallest store in San Francisco this year, so much so that it is going to triple in size. The store is located at the Stonestown Galleria which is near the San Francisco State University. Right now it is a modest 3,160 square feet, out of which only 1,500 square feet is public retail space, however the new location in the mall where the store is being shifted to comes in at a staggering 10,641 square feet. There were three different retailers at this space, now all of it will be a shiny Apple Retail Store with an unusual curved glass storefront.
The shift brings the Stonestown Galleria store at par with San Francisco’s two other Apple Stores on Chestnut Street and Union Square, which have about 9,500 and 15,000 square feet of space. The new space is expected to welcome customers around the holidays, what’s better than opening a new retail store at the holiday shopping boom time. The curved glass store front will be reminiscent of the one’s that Apple has already built in other locations. Construction moves forward behind black plywood that’s shielding the works from mall goers.
[Image via IFOAppleStore]
- 2013-05-16: San Francisco Apple Store Moving Soon
- 2013-04-18: San Francisco Buses Shown In Live Map
- 2013-04-01: Apple Stonestown Galleria Store Is Going To Triple In Size
- 2013-03-05: San Francisco Bay Bridge Lights Up Ethernet-Enabled LEDs
- 2013-02-18: Sprint’s 4G LTE Network Available For San Francisco
- 2012-01-05: AT&T's 4G LTE network launches in the San Francisco Bay Area