Sprint introduced the Android Jelly Bean for a variant of the LG Optimus G in March this year, and it seems that rival mobile carrier AT&T is going to follow in their footsteps as well, serving up a nice dose of Jelly Bean goodness for the LG Optimus G. Of course, there was no official fanfare or announcement made, although there were owners of the LG Optimus G who ride with AT&T and they have shared a fair amount of tips as well as screenshots like the one you see above, showing that this is no belated April Fool’s joke, but rather, the real deal itself.
So, LG Optimus G owners on AT&T, how has your smartphone fared so far? Have you received the official update Over The Air automatically? I am quite sure that if this is the case for some folks, an official confirmation should be well on its way in due time, all we need to do now is sit tight and play the patience game. Of course, it would not hurt either to perform manual checks on your device for the new software.
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-02-23: AT&T's LG G2 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-03-07: Sprint LG Optimus G Receives Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-10-16: AT&T announces the LG Optimus G for 2nd November, pre-orders now available
- 2012-10-03: LG Optimus G headed for AT&T and Sprint with different cameras