One of this console generation’s most beloved video game franchise has to be the Batman: Arkham series as both Batman: Arkham Asylum and City were highly-praised games. The next entry into the Batman: Arkham series has just been announced and is called Batman: Arkham Origins.
Batman: Arkham Origins is expected to be released on October 25, 2013 for PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U and will be a prequel of the previously released Arkham titles. The adventure will star a “young, unrefined” Batman as he encounters a number of notable villains for the first time, including Deathstroke.
Batman: Arkham Origins will mark the first time the franchise is being developed by a studio that isn’t its original developers, Rocksteady Studios. Instead, the game will be developed by Warner Bros. Games Montreal with the game’s creative director being Eric Holmes, who was the lead designer for a number of open-world action games like The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype. Considering Batman: Arkham City incorporated an open-world environment, having Holmes as creative director may hint at another open-world title.RELATED
- PS4 Global Sales Update
- Total War: Rome 2 'Caesar In Gaul' DLC Sees Addition Of Maps, Units And Factions
- Xbox One And Sony PS4 Overtakes Wii U UK Lifetime Sales
- Desert Strike Trademarks Registered By EA
- NVIDIA Shield Gets 1080p GameStream Support Now
- Follow: batman, batman: arkham city, Microsoft, nintendo, nintendo wii u, playstation, playstation 3, ps3, Sony, warner bros, wii u, xbox, xbox 360,
- Seen at: gameinformer