One of this console generation’s most beloved video game franchise has to be the Batman: Arkham series as both Batman: Arkham Asylum and City were highly-praised games. The next entry into the Batman: Arkham series has just been announced and is called Batman: Arkham Origins.
Batman: Arkham Origins is expected to be released on October 25, 2013 for PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U and will be a prequel of the previously released Arkham titles. The adventure will star a “young, unrefined” Batman as he encounters a number of notable villains for the first time, including Deathstroke.
Batman: Arkham Origins will mark the first time the franchise is being developed by a studio that isn’t its original developers, Rocksteady Studios. Instead, the game will be developed by Warner Bros. Games Montreal with the game’s creative director being Eric Holmes, who was the lead designer for a number of open-world action games like The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype. Considering Batman: Arkham City incorporated an open-world environment, having Holmes as creative director may hint at another open-world title.
Next Story: T-Mobile Announces Nokia Lumia 521 Again
- 2014-04-23 Grid Autosport By Codemasters Coming This June
- 2014-04-14 Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11 Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07 GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06 Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2013-07-18 Angry Birds Star Wars Headed To Consoles, Handhelds On October 29
- 2013-05-01 Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2013-04-26 XCOM FPS Becomes 'The Bureau: XCOM Declassified'; Releasing August 20
- 2013-04-25 Skyrim Legendary Edition Coming June 4 To PC, Xbox 360, PS3
- 2013-04-12 Rayman Legends Delay Resulted In 30 New Levels, New Boss Battles