Batman: Arkham Origins was announced earlier this month as it debuted as the cover of the May issue of Game Informer magazine and it marks the first game in the series that will not be developed by its original development studio, Rocksteady Games. As such, it’s new developer, Warner Bros. Games Montreal, has some big shoes to fill and most likely has their own big ideas for the next game in the Batman: Arkham series. Like the inclusion of a multiplayer mode.
According to two independent sources who spoke to Kotaku, Batman: Arkham Origins will be the first game in the series to have some sort of multiplayer option. A tipster who previously leaked the existence of the Origins game, as well as its snow-filled reveal image, says the multiplayer will feature at least one section where you play as a member of Joker or Bane’s gang while trying to take down Batman and Robin. The Batman villains, who may or may not be playable and customizable, will include Killer Croc, Deadshot, Firefly, Black Mask and Deathstroke.
- 2014-02-09 Batman: Arkham Origins DLC To Be Prioritized Over Bug Fixes
- 2013-12-12 Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- 2013-12-09 If Batman Loved Golf...
- 2013-11-04 Make-A-Wish Foundation Wants To Turn San Francisco Into Gotham City For A Day
- 2013-10-08 Recycled PlayStation 2 Sees Second Life As Batman's Tumbler
- 2013-09-26 Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Bundles 5 DLC Packs For $20
- 2013-09-25 Deathstroke Challenge Pack Highlighted In Latest Batman: Arkham Origins Trailer
- 2013-04-09 Batman: Arkham Origins Coming October 25 For PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U