One could really point at Samsung for making phablets, a smartphone and tablet hybrid, famous. The company effectively kicked off the phablet race when it launched the first ever Galaxy Note. Now ailing Canadian manufacturer is rumored to be getting in this game as well. It is believed that a few months down the road, BlackBerry will released a 5-inch phablet that will look like its current flagship smartphone, the Z10.
Peter Misek, an analyst at Jefferies, believes that BlackBerry is working on a couple of new devices that will be launched towards the end of this year. BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins has already confirmed that the company will be releasing four more devices this year including a very ‘exciting flagship.’ Apart from this alleged 5-inch phablet, Misek believes that BlackBerry will release a mid-range keyboard device and a mid-range touch device. He also backed the company’s claims that Z10 return rates weren’t astronomically high and that their checks indicated typical return rates so far. By the looks of it, BlackBerry is hoping to have a device available for every niche, be it mid-range smartphones or 5-inch behemoths. Do you think such a strategy will cement the company’s place in this competitive smartphone market?
- 2014-04-20: BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20: BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2013-11-26: BlackBerry Reportedly Overtakes Samsung In South Africa
- 2013-11-24: Verizon And AT&T Offer BlackBerry Z10 Virtually Free On Contract
- 2013-11-14: BlackBerry OS 10.2.1.1055 For Z10 And Z30 Leaked
- 2013-11-06: Samsung Wants To Make 'Fonblet' A Thing