It was just last week when we brought you word that the BlackBerry Q10 has received the nod of approval from the folks over at the FCC, and earlier this morning, there were whispers of the BlackBerry Q10 hitting Canada on the first day of May for $199 a pop – on contract, of course. Well, here we are with word that BlackBerry will be rolling out the BlackBerry Q10 in the US and the end of next month, and it will not be that pocket friendly price-wise compared to our friends living in the Great White North, as it seems that the BlackBerry Q10 has been confirmed to carry a price tag of $249 alongside a two-year contract.
Of course, this would clearly price it out of range of the majority of other high end smartphones, but chances are BlackBerry is already well aware of that, and intend to price the device for those who really, really want it. I don’t know about that, do you want it that bad to fork out $249 when you can get something that you deem is better and for less elsewhere? Only time will tell, and we await with bated breath to see how this gambit of BlackBerry’s pan out.
Next Story: Swype 1.5 For Android Launched
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2013-08-30: BlackBerry Q10 Now Available From Sprint
- 2013-08-29: BlackBerry Q10 Sales Performing Poorly [Report]
- 2013-06-18: AT&T BlackBerry Q10 Release Date Is June 21
- 2013-06-18: BlackBerry Q10 Review
- 2013-06-18: 'Critical' Security Warning Issued For BlackBerry Z10