Well, well, what do we have here? Spotted online is an official BlackBerry video that lets all and sundry check out the all-touch BlackBerry Z10, a smartphone which frankly, has not got its fair share of promotion to date. Check out the video and you will realize that the BlackBerry Z10 in question also comes with a handwriting recognition engine in BBM which will play nice with the Chinese language.
Is it just me, or did anyone notice that BlackBerry did not really make any effort to promote this particular feature? Hence, it remains to be seen whether Chinese language support for handwriting in BBM on the BlackBerry Z10 will be expanded to include a slew of other languages. Just to roll back the years, what BlackBerry is doing here is definitely far from being the newest feature on the block, since a similar feature was available on the LG Dare way back in the year 2008. Yes, it has been that long already, and users of the LG Dare were allowed to use their fingertip to input numbers and letters in English, ditching the virtual QWERTY keyboard instead.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2013-11-24: Verizon And AT&T Offer BlackBerry Z10 Virtually Free On Contract
- 2013-11-14: BlackBerry OS 10.2.1.1055 For Z10 And Z30 Leaked
- 2013-09-28: BlackBerry Beings Direct Online Sales Of Z10 And Q10
- 2013-08-08: BlackBerry Gets “Authority To Operate” On U.S. Department Of Defense Networks
- 2013-07-16: BlackBerry Reportedly Reduces Q10, Z10 Production By Half