It has been rumored for quite some time now, that Cupertino could very well roll out a new iPhone that will be the gimped version of the flagship iPhone model, which many folks suspect will be known as the iPhone 5S when it arrives later this summer as the handset is already said to have entered production. Well, would a lower cost and more affordable iPhone actually help Apple conquer the smartphone industry? It really depends on the market, as it seems that the iPhone phase among buyers is starting to die off, as folks see far more to the Android ecosystem than what it was a few years back.
The Wall Street Journal reported that there will be a “second pillar” of iPhone models arriving in the near future, where this cheaper handset would target who who want to jump aboard the iOS bandwagon, but do not have the necessary funds to pay for a premium device, hence developing countries could very well be its prime target. Analysts, too, expect that there will be a more affordable iPhone arriving sometime down the road.
Next Story: SimCity DLC Sees Nissan Leaf Charging Station
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-11-06: Pebble Smart Watch Update for IOS 7 and SDK 2.0
- 2013-06-13: Apple Considering iPhones With 4.7-Inch, 5.7-Inch Display [Rumor]
- 2013-04-15: Foxconn Hiring New Employees To Build The iPhone 5S
- 2013-04-11: Apple To Pay $53 Million In iPhone Warranty Lawsuit