Nordic Games was announced to be the winner of THQ’s auction of its popular game franchises such as Darksiders, Red Faction and MX vs ATV. And as such, the company is already speaking out in regards to one of its newly acquired properties, namely Darksiders.
Nordic Games CEO Lars Wingefors spoke with Game Informer in regards to the future of the Darksiders franchise saying they’ll begin speaking with partners to discuss where they’ll take it. “Officially, we haven’t talked to any partners. My colleagues in Austria are handling the business development and are handling all those contacts. We’ll be sitting down, I think, in the next week to discuss all those options,” Wingefors said. “It takes a very long time to make games. You won’t see a new Darksiders this year. I don’t believe in bringing out a s***** sequel.”
Wingefors is certainly right in his way of thinking as the last thing Nordic Games should do with any of its newly acquired properties is rush out a new game, especially for both Darksiders and Red Faction, which should take some time to create new, worthy titles to their series.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-10: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Devastation DLC For PlayStation And Windows Launches May 8th
- 2014-04-09: Mobile Gamers Tend To Quit After One Day, According To Study
- 2014-04-09: Diablo 3 Nephalem Rifts Cleared In Under 4 Minutes