It was December 2012 when THQ filed for bankruptcy, which ultimately led to the publisher disbanding and selling off its assets. The majority of their assets were sold to various publishers, but one of the company’s most recently popular developer and their IP weren’t announced to have been purchased by anyone. Of course, we’re talking about Vigil Games and their Darksiders franchise. But this week, a European publisher called Nordic Games made shockwaves across the gaming world as they were announced to be the winners of the Darksiders franchise.
Darksiders wasn’t the only IP Nordic Games was able to secure from THQ as Red Faction and MX vs ATV were also picked up for a total of $4.9 million. Whether or not Nordic Games will be able to take each of these great series of games where they need to be is certainly yet to be seen, but with a rather long history of publishing various titles, we’re sure Darksiders and THQ’s other titles are certainly in good hands.
- 2013-04-23: Darksiders, Red Faction Picked Up By Nordic Games From THQ Auction
- 2012-12-19: THQ Files For Bankruptcy While Keeping Its Studios Working
- 2012-07-24: Company of Heroes 2 see weather system which actually works
- 2012-01-20: UFC Undisputed 3 demo arriving 24th January
- 2011-10-10: Fruit Ninja returns in Boots next week
- 2011-06-03: uDraw GameTablet arriving on the Xbox 360 and PS3