We’re sure that some would-be Samsung Galaxy S4 owners are going to be a bit miffed that they will not be enjoying Samsung’s Exynos 5 Octa-core processor as their region will be getting the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 instead. While the Snapdragon 600 is a powerful chipset in its own right, some early benchmark tests have been conducted and it seems that the Exynos chipset is blowing the Snapdragon 600 out of the water. According to the folks at SamMobile, their insider has provided them with AnTuTu benchmark results of the GT-i9500, the Galaxy S4 with the Exynos chipset on board and according to the results, it scored an impressive 28,018 points. This is compared to the GT-i9505, the Qualcomm variant, which scored 23,607.
SamMobile expects that the Korean version of the Galaxy S4, the SHV-E300S to score even higher, possibly over 30,000 points, but we guess we will have to wait and see if those benchmarks indeed prove that. In any case considering that both phones are already pretty powerful to begin with, the average user probably won’t be able to tell the difference between the Exynos version and Qualcomm version of the phone, although on paper it might seem like they are getting a worse deal. However since we cannot verify the details of these benchmarks ourselves, we don’t blame you if you wish to remain skeptical, and fret not because we will be testing the phone ourselves once we get our hands on a unit to review.
Next Story: Unofficial Nokia Lumia 928 Renders Look Amazing
- 2014-04-24 Flexible Displays Rumored For Galaxy S6 And Galaxy Note 5
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-02 Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24 Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18 Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12 Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow