While we have word that the Google Glass Explorer Edition has started to ship in waves, there is also a downside to developers who have managed to get hold of their Google Glass Explorer Edition – sell it to someone else, and Google will brick your Google Glass. Not too hot a device now, is it? Well, for the general masses who wish to pick up a Google Glass of their own with their hard earned money, here is some rather “downer” of a news – Eric Schmidt, Google’s chairman, has just shared that Google Glass will probably miss its release to the masses this year, which would translate to availability to the general public sometime in 2014.
How did we arrive at this particular conclusion? Well, when he was asked, “How soon is [Google Glass] likely to come onto the market?”, Schmidt replied, “There will be thousands of [Google Glass] in use by developers over the next months, and then based on their feedback, we’ll make some product changes, and it’s probably a year-ish away.” Mass market consumers would definitely be on the edge of their seats until next year, so Google Glass fans, be patient!
Next Story: Sony Projectors Does Wireless Image Transfer
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-13: Surgeon Finds Google Glass Indispensable In His Work
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2014-04-10: Google May Allow Anyone To Buy Glass For One Day
- 2014-04-08: Google To Launch Glass For Work Program Today [Report]