Facebook showed off a number of new features that it has been working on to enhance user experience on mobile devices, at the Home launch. Facebook Home brings all of those features for Android, one of them is Chat Heads. The social network’s new iOS app is being rolled out right now which brings Chat Heads and a number of design tweaks to Apple’s platform. Users now have the ability to send ‘stickers’ to each other. Stickers are basically emoji like giant pictures. Only iPhone users can send stickers right now, they’re currently free and come in stacks of related pictures. News Feed has been redesigned, the look and feel is much cleaner than before making it easier to access content.
Chat Heads behavior on iOS is different than that on Android. Due to iOS sandboxing its apps, Chat Heads will only pop up inside the Facebook app, as opposed to popping up anywhere in Android. Incoming Facebook Messages will make Chat Heads pop out, they’re not integrated with SMS. Users can open one themselves to chat with any of their friends. They can be repositioned inside the Facebook app and will be vertically arrayed on the iPad’s larger display. Facebook 6.0 for iOS can now be downloaded from iTunes App Store.
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2013-10-16 Facebook Ads On iPhone Do Better Compared To Android
- 2013-07-30 Android Tablets Command 67% Of Tablet Market, Beats Out The iPad
- 2013-06-13 Candy Crush Developer Releases Pet Rescue Saga On iOS, Android
- 2013-06-06 Facebook Home Update Brings 'Favorites Tray' For Your Apps
- 2013-05-24 Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices