This morning we attended the launch of Facebook home, a new integration of Facebook deep inside the Android experience. Mark Zuckerberg and his team insisted on the fact that this is not a forking of Android and they are not going to build a new phone with a new operating system..
According to Facebook’s CEO, it all started around the idea that smartphones are now build around apps while they should be build around people and the content they love. From the demos we saw on stage, the result is pretty amazing. Facebook Home provides a really immersive experience while giving quick access to all your communications channels and the people you need to get in touch with, thanks to the innovative Chat Head feature.
Check the video demo by the Facebook team on stage (video above). I will upload another demo on the HTC First later today. Editor’s note: please understand that I was typing or shooting pictures while shooting the video from time to time, so understand the few glitches.
Facebook Home was announced today and will be introduced to the market with the HTC First smartphone on April 12th, the HTC First will cost $99.99. People will be able to download Facebook Home on a few Android devices:
Next Story: HTC First Officially Announced
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Oculus Deal Gets Regulatory Approval
- 2014-04-22 Research On Facebook Unfriending Impact
- 2014-04-22 WhatsApp Now Has Half A Billion Active Users
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Rumored To Launch Their Own Mobile Ad Network
- 2013-06-19 Samsung 'Facebook Phone' Idea Reportedly Rejected
- 2013-06-06 Facebook Home Update Brings 'Favorites Tray' For Your Apps
- 2013-04-16 First Facebook Home Update Coming Mid-May
- 2013-04-12 HTC First Launches Facebook Home Today On AT&T For $99
- 2013-04-04 HTC First Running Facebook Home Demo [HD video]