Today the world’s largest online social network has announced a new mobile layout for Facebook Pages. The social network has over a billion users and a substantial majority of them visit Facebook Pages daily, primarily through their mobile devices. They have designed this new mobile layout to make it easier for users to get the information from Pages on their mobile devices. Improvements have been made for both people and Page owners.
The UI has been polished and it now offers a much more cleaner and simpler look specially designed for mobile viewing. Interaction options such as Call, Message, Like and Share appear at the top of Pages now. More relevant information is displayed up front now, making it easier for people to see the important information like location and photos at a glance. When Page owners pin important posts from their desktops these pinned posts will now appear higher on Pages when they are viewed on mobile devices. Owners now also have the ability to switch between public and admin views on their devices. Right now the new mobile layout is accessible through the Facebook iOS app and the web app which can be accessed through mobile browsers. The new Pages layout for Android app will be coming soon.
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-03: Facebook Messenger For Android 4.0 Delivers Voice Calling
- 2014-03-19: Facebook's Persistent Notification Bar On Android Tested
- 2013-12-02: Facebook Rumored To Be Interested In Acquiring Indian Startup Company
- 2013-11-11: Facebook For Android Updated With TV Show Reminders
- 2013-10-29: Facebook Details Its New Messenger Experience For Android