Last week Facebook sent out invites to the press. The company has invited them to come and see their new ‘home’ on Android. It is believed that Facebook will be announcing the much rumored Facebook phone, which is reportedly made by HTC and carries the codename Myst. A system software dump of this alleged Facebook phone has been received by AndroidPolice, it reveals that the new Facebook ‘Home’ on Android is actually a homescreen launcher. It will run on HTC Sense 4.5, which runs on top of Android 4.12. It is not possible to log in to Facebook through the software that was received as only Facebook employees can log in at the moment, so details on the user experience won’t be available until the April 4 event.
Dubbed the Facebook phone, one must keep in mind that the launcher doesn’t change the core Android OS at all. The hardware has not been co-developed by Facebook and HTC. It merely is a new way to interact with Facebook on an Android device. There’s evidence that suggests that Facebook Home might also be released as a standalone app in Google Play Store. As far as the hardware is concerned, the Myst is supposedly powered by a Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. There’s a 4.3-inch 720p display as well as a 5 megapixel camera on the back.
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17 Galaxy S5 Review
- 2013-06-06 Facebook Home Update Brings 'Favorites Tray' For Your Apps
- 2013-05-09 New Facebook Home Features Detailed Ahead Of Update Release
- 2013-04-29 Android Design Head Praises Facebook Home's Attention To Design
- 2013-04-16 Twitter 'Home' Like App Is A Possibility
- 2013-04-16 Facebook 6.0 For iOS Brings Chat Heads And More