Getting a package delivered to your home can be quite the experience as we often feel like a kid on Christmas Day wondering what wonders were delivered to us today. But having the actual delivery person leave a package at your front door while you’re in the shower can be tricky, and has probably left you enraged, especially when your entire day revolves around a particular package. FedEx knows your pain, and as a result, has updated its mobile app to make the experience of receiving your packages from them a little bit better.
The FexEx Mobile app received an update today that now makes it possible for you to sign for your packages, reroute a package to another address or provide delivery instructions to the driver. The new functionality is a part of FedEx’s new Delivery Manager feature, which is similar to UPS’ “UPS My Choice” service. And just like UPS My Choice, you’ll need to sign up for FedEx’s Delivery Manager feature, although it’s a completely free service to use, as long as you don’t consider time to equal money.
Next Story: Facebook Pages New Mobile Layout Announced
- 2014-04-11: Mathematicians Develop App That Will Supposedly Eliminate Jetlag
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-04-09: Mobile Gamers Tend To Quit After One Day, According To Study
- 2013-12-19: FedEx Non-chalant About Drone Deliveries
- 2013-04-23: FedEx Now Accepts Signatures For Deliveries Through Mobile App Update
- 2012-09-07: FedEx planning surge volume event on the 21-24 September, coincides with rumored iPhone release date
- 2012-08-06: FedEx website allows direct printing from Box, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- 2012-03-19: FedEx human power couriers at SxSW 2012