As soon as news broke out of Google Reader being shut down, the search began for viable alternatives. Feedly stood out among the rest, amassing over 500,000 new users in a matter of days. They’ve really been stepping up their game. Today Feedly updated its iOS and Android apps with a host of new features, which includes better search capabilities. The new search and discovery engine makes it easier to find feeds faster. Search bar now autocompletes typing, in a bid to make it easier for users to discover new sites that they might be interested in. The new search algorithm takes in to consideration user interaction, this would result in the feature getting better as time passes.
Users can now mark any item in their RSS feeds as a “Must Read” item. Such an item is then featured in Feedly’s Today section automatically, ensuring that users don’t miss out on what they’ve saved for reading at another time. The new Tile view affords an easy glance of the headlines. The sidebar now comes with the pull-to-refresh gesture baked in. Users can choose which sharing services get a shortcut in the sharing panel, support for sharing to Google+ has now been added. The new Feedly apps for iOS and Android can now be downloaded from iTunes App Store and Google Play Store respectively.RELATED
- Microsoft Accounts Receive New Security Features
- Google Testing +Post Google+ Content Ads With Select Brands
- Facebook News Feed Changes Put Focus On Content Source's Quality
- New Website Helps Users Check If Their Email Account Has Been Hacked
- Facebook Is Open To The Idea Of A "Sympathize" Button
- Follow: Android, google reader,