A couple of days ago, we managed to bring you word that Firefox OS will be released across five different countries later this summer, thanks to Mozilla CEO Gary Kovacs spilling the beans, with those countries being ones that are located in Europe and South America. Well, it seems that Spanish e-retailer Geeksphone does have its fair share of additional details to disperse among the masses. The “shocking” news that the world is dying to know? Both Keon and Peak smartphones that were spotted at Mobile World Congress earlier this year in Barcelona, Spain, will be made available, albeit as developer preview units.
Geeksphone put it this way, that the two handsets “will be available for dispatch anywhere on earth.” The asking price for the more basic Keon handset will set you back by €91 inclusive of taxes, while the mid-range Peak smartphone will be naturally pricier at €149. Are you looking forward to see what these Firefox OS powered smartphones are full well capable of?
- 2014-03-19: Former Firefox Developer Explains Mozilla's Decision To Drop Its Modern UI Project
- 2014-03-19: Firefox Powers Better In-Browser Games At GDC14
- 2014-03-14: Mozilla Kills "Firefox For Metro" Project Citing Low Adoption
- 2014-03-12: Unreal Engine 4 Runs On Firefox
- 2014-02-27: Facebook Messenger For Firefox Shuts Down March 3rd