The Firefox OS will be launched in Brazil, Spain, Portugal, Poland and Venezuela this Summer. AT MWC, where they showed off a sample of Dreamfone running Firefox OS, the company announced its partnerships for this OS with various manufacturers. Alcatel, ZTE and LG have committed to manufacture low-end smartphones that are based on this OS. Carriers such as Telefonica in Europe and Etisalat, Smart, Sprint, Telecom Italia and Telenor have also committed their support. There are some who believe that the market has no place for another operating system, the low-end is already being catered to by Windows Phone and BlackBerry. It’ll be interesting to see how it turns out for Mozilla’s ambitious mobile plans.
- 2014-04-17: Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14: ZTE Star 1 Box Spotted
- 2014-01-30: Mozilla Will Attend MWC 2014 To Show Off Firefox OS' Progress
- 2014-01-19: Firefox OS Tablet Prototypes Enter Test Phase
- 2014-01-06: Panasonic And Mozilla Work On Firefox OS Open Platform For Next Generation Smart TVs
- 2013-11-30: Tizen And Firefox OS Should Team Up, According To Samsung
- 2013-11-14: Mozilla Currently Has No Plans To Launch Firefox OS Phones In The U.S.
- 2013-08-20: ZTE Firefox OS Phone Sold Out Over The Weekend
- 2013-07-01: Firefox OS Has Arrived: “Final” Software Hands-On
- 2013-06-16: Alcatel OneTouch Fire Firefox OS Smartphone Hits the FCC