We read about how Flipboard for iOS received a major update sometime last week, where the version number of Flipboard there was increased to version 2.0. Of course, with each app revision, it goes without saying that there will be a fair share of improvements made to it, and iOS users of Flipboard certainly were not disappointed. Well, what about the legion of Android fans who use Flipboard every single day? They too, will not be left out of the picture, although the latest update will not be bumped up to version 2.0. Still, that does not mean that there are no nice new features thrown into the mix at all, and the interesting part is, the best bit of the update will only play well with a handset that has yet to be introduced to the masses.
Support for hover actions has now been included in the latest Flipboard for Android update. In a nutshell, whenever your finger hovers over a particular tile, you will be treated to previews of article headlines, and the Samsung Galaxy S4 will certainly be at home with this particular update. We do hope to find out how well the hover technology works when we get our hands on the Galaxy S4 in due time. Those who want to update Flipboard for Android can do so for free over at the Google Play Store.
Next Story: Wind Turbine Works Sans Blades
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2013-05-09: Flipboard Android 2.0 Brings Magazine Curation Feature
- 2013-02-28: The New York Times Gets Flipboard Treatment On Android And Kindle Fire
- 2013-01-14: Flipboard Daydream Arrives On Android 4.2
- 2012-10-25: Flipboard for Android updated with audio integration
- 2012-05-31: Flipboard beta for Android has been launched