USB 3.0 peripherals are not exactly the easiest device to find, and neither are they the most popular with USB 2.0 still reigning in many places. Well, here is something that jives with the USB 3.0 standard which many of you would find it to be an essential device – none other than a pair of speakers, of course. Thanks to the good people over at Gigabyte, it has resulted in a pair of USB 3.0 speakers known as the GP-S3000.
Specially designed to be pleasing to the eyes, not only is the Gigabyte GP-S3000 the first USB 3.0 speakers to ever roll out from any hardware manufacturer, it is also the first speaker of its kind to be powered via the USB 3.0 bus. This means additional juice transferred compared to the USB 2.0 bus, where the GP-S3000 will also boast of an integrated DAC. There is no word on pricing or availability as at press time, but this certainly has not stopped us from being more than having a passing interest for the Gigabyte GP-S3000 USB 3.0 speakers.
Next Story: Freelander PD800HD Runs On Exynos 5250 Processor
- 2014-04-23 Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC To Feature NVIDIA Graphics
- 2014-04-21 Boom Boom Bluetooth Speakers Will Evolve Over Time
- 2014-02-10 These Snail Speakers Are Uniquely Designed
- 2014-01-28 Gigabyte Brix Mini Desktop Packs Quite A Bite
- 2014-01-09 Gigabyte Announces Aorus X7 Gaming Laptop
- 2013-10-14 Hands-On: Sonos Play:1 Review
- 2013-09-09 Orb Audio Unveils New Speakers And Subwoofers For The Audiophile
- 2013-09-02 Spotify Connect Feature Hooks Up To Wi-Fi Speakers