So, you are one of those lucky ones (with some spare dosh clanging around in your pocket, of course) who managed to sign up for the Google Explorers program at the Internet search giant’s I/O event in 2012, and we now have whispers that Google Glass units have started to leave the production line for participants. In fact, we did mention on how Google has already hired 40 Google Glass advisors to attend to the questions of those who are interested, while Google Glass is tipped to ship later this coming May.
Word on the street has it that approximately 2,000 developers who placed a pre-order for Google Glass will not be getting all of them simultaneously, but rather, these will be delivered in waves. Of course, you will need to make your way to Los Angeles, New York or San Francisco in order to pick them up if you are one of those who already dropped serious coin for a pair. The full email from Google is available right after the jump if you are interested to see what they have to say.
Next Story: Kobo Aura HD E-Book Reader
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Confirmed: Google Glass Will Be Sold To The Public On 15th April
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2014-04-10: Google May Allow Anyone To Buy Glass For One Day
- 2014-04-08: Google To Launch Glass For Work Program Today [Report]
- 2014-04-04: USPTO Rejects Google's Attempt To Trademark "Glass"
- 2014-03-24: USC Google Glass Course For Journalism Is Forward Thinking