Facebook Home was recently released on the HTC First exclusively for about two or so hours, and then was released onto a select few of Android phones leaving many without an HTC One X, HTC One X+, Samsung Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note 2 out of luck if they wanted to experience the app for themselves. You could wait until either Facebook or your Android device’s manufacturer announces your device now supports Facebook Home, or you could simply run a hack to get it on your Android device right now.
The XDA Developers have come up with a hack that modifies Facebook Home to remove its device-specific limitations, meaning you could run the service on any Android device. The process requires a bit of work on the users’ part, but if you really want to try Facebook Home, then you can do so by following these four steps:
- Uninstall original Facebook, Facebook Messenger and Facebook Home if you already have them. If Facebook is pre-installed on your device, you may need root access to remove it.
- Download the modified Facebook Home and optionally Facebook Messenger. Extract the .rar file.
- Install the official Facebook app (com.facebook.katana), then the Facebook Home launcher (com.facebook.home), and then the Facebook Messenger app (com.facebook.orca).
- Enable Facebook Home under the Facebook app settings. Reboot your device.
If you happen to run into any issues while attempting to install Facebook Home onto your Android device, you can always reboot your device into recovery and wipe the Dalvik cache.RELATED
- Uber Will Deliver Christmas Trees To Your Door For Just $135
- Mint Financial App Now Available On Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
- JXD S5800 Android Gaming Tablet/Smartphone Unveiled
- CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Stable Builds Released
- iOS Leads Android In Cyber Monday Online Shopping
- Follow: Android, Facebook, Facebook Home,
- Seen at: thenextweb