HP did not pursue the tablet agenda after their foray into the market with the webOS platform, but I guess when the passage of time passes by after a while, the itch to get back into the tablet game proved too much for the computer manufacturing company, where their latest rollout was the HP Slate 7 (which has since seen its release date delayed to sometime this June on the sly), which is more or less an entry level to mid-range tablet running on the Android platform with a rumored €149 price tag in tow.
In fact, the HP Slate 7 has already made an appearance over on a French retailer’s site for pre-order, where it would definitely be the starkest hint to date of a European launch. Of course, at €149 a pop, it would surely shoot to the top of the most affordable Android tablets list right away, at least among those better known brand names without taking into consideration the numerous cheap China clones. Any takers for the HP Slate 7 when it arrives?
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June