Last month, we caught a leak courtesy of @Evleaks of a possible Huawei smartphone called the Ascend G710. The 5-inch Android-powered smartphone has just become official, which means @Evleaks once again can pat themselves on the back for successfully leaking another device over a month prior to when it was ready to be announced.
The Huawei Ascend G710, or the A199 as it’s being called in China, has the same leaked specs we heard early last month. Aside from its 5-inch display capable of a 1280 x 720 resolution, the device comes with a quad-core 1.5GHz processor, 2GB of RAM, a 2,150 mAh battery, 8MP rear-facing camera, 8GB of flash memory and will support both GSM and CDMA networks.
The Huawei A199 will currently only be made available in China with no official word as to what kind of price Huawei is asking for the smartphone. Considering how this device is probably geared towards emerging markets, we’re sure Huawei will try to keep the asking price down.
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-08: China's Ministry Of Commerce Gives Microsoft-Nokia Deal The Greenlight
- 2014-04-04: iPhone Demand In China Waning In Face Of Local Competition
- 2014-03-26: Octa-Core HTC Desire 616 Photo Revealed
- 2014-03-21: Trip To China: Smog Insurance Now Available
- 2014-03-20: China Mobile Sold Over 1m iPhones In February
- 2013-04-24: Huawei To Shift Its Carrier Business Focus From The U.S.
- 2013-03-29: Sprint And Softbank Promise Not To Use Chinese Equipment, Will Replace Huawei Products In Clearwire's Portfolio
- 2010-04-13: Edgy Huawei C8600 Android smartphone arrives in China