Android may be powering 70% of the entire smartphone market, iOS still has the lead in U.S. That’s not all, when it comes to mobile ad revenue no other platform is matching Apple’s lead. Opera Mediaworks released its State of Mobile Advertising report for the first quarter of 2013. The report is based on data collected by Opera Mediaworks from its advertising subsidiaries which account for more than 50 billion ad impressions each month, that reach over 300 million users around the world. Their data indicates that iOS ads generate the most amount of traffic as opposed to any other platform.
iOS accounts for 44.53% of mobile ad traffic which results in it holding 49.23% of all ad revenue. Coming in at second place is Android which gets 31.26% of mobile traffic and holds 26.72% of all ad revenues. This report also reveals that the volume of ad impressions in U.S. dropped 9.3% this quarter as opposed to the previous one. This is due to the rapid growth of other regions, such as Europe where ad requests have gone up by 7.04%. Competition is certainly tight between the two rival platforms, will Apple be able to maintain its lead?
- 2014-04-13: How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To Android (5 Ways)
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-04-03: Next-Gen iOS Devices May Have Faster, Power Efficient LPDDR4 DRAM
- 2014-03-25: BlackBerry Cashes In On BBM With Stickers And Sponsored Posts
- 2014-03-24: Telegram Arrives At 35 Million Users Milestone
- 2014-03-03: Xbox Live Could Extend To iOS And Android