Back when Apple announced the iPhone 4, the handset ran into several issues, most notably the Antennagate scandal which basically caused iPhone 4 owners to experience dropped calls when holding their phone, basically blocking the reception from the antenna. In any case the issue has since come and gone, but if you remember, Apple did agree to pay out $53 million in a settlement to all iPhone 4 owners who did not receive their free bumper case, and it seems that there have been reports of several iPhone 4 owners who have started to receive their settlement checks of $15.
For those who forgot, back then Apple started to offer free bumper cases to iPhone 4 owners which supposedly helped with the antenna issue. The checks were first issued on the 17th of April and they will only be valid until the 16th of July. If you’re an iPhone 4 owner hearing about this for the first time, unfortunately the window to submit a claim has since been closed.
- 2014-03-11: iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-21: Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-01-14: 8GB iPhone 4 Reportedly Launching In India To Boost Sales
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger