Its only been a couple of days since T-Mobile started offering iPhone 5 officially on its network. The Chief Marketing Officer, Mike Sievert, said that T-Mobile experiences lines out the door at nearly 3,000 of its stores across the country. He said that the launch day was “gangbusters,” which means that it went really well. As far as the whole weekend is concerned, the company now says that iPhone 5 brought one of its biggest launch weekends to date.
Mike Seivert said that launch sales were better than their internal expectations, however he did not provide a specific figure, only saying that they beat their “really ambitious” internal goals. Mike also said that majority of the customers who walked in for a new iPhone 5 signed up for T-Mobile’s new Un-carrier plans. The specific figures of iPhone sales won’t be coming any time soon, surely not in the first quarter report that T-Mobile will release in May. The second quarter report might reveal exactly how many iPhone 5 units T-Mobile will be able to move in the next few months. So I’ve got to ask, did you get one?
Next Story: YouTube For iOS App Adds Live Streaming Support
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2013-07-03: T-Mobile iPhone 5 Price Apparently Changed Once Again
- 2013-05-13: T-Mobile iPhone 5 Down Payment Price Raised To $149
- 2013-05-13: Hackers Mod T-Mobile's Carrier Update To Boost iPhone 5 Speeds
- 2013-05-08: T-Mobile Moves Half A Million iPhone 5s In The First Month
- 2013-04-12: T-Mobile iPhone 5 Now Available For $99