There’s no shortage of iPhone 5S rumors these days. Much has been said and written about Apple’s next generation iPhone. Many analysts believe that it will come with a 12 megapixel camera and will be thinner and lighter than its predecessor. It has also been reported more than a couple of times that iPhone 5S launch will suffer from delays as the company has hit production issues. According to a new Reuters report, the iPhone 5S launch that was previously slated for summer, now faces delays as iPhone 5S fingerprint technology is causing development issues.
Apparently the delay is due to Apple not being able to find the right coating material which is essential to ensure that it does not interfere with the fingerprint sensor, which will reportedly be located under the Home button. Apart from this the iPhone 5S is expected to feature a faster processor and a better camera. The report also briefly touches upon the cheaper iPhone, claiming that the company is indeed working on one. It won’t have fingerprint technology, it will be fashioned out of plastic and is likely to have a 4-inch display.
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well