According to a latest report, Apple is gearing up for iPhone 5S production this quarter. What this means is that the upcoming Apple flagship smartphone will be ready in time for a summer release, as previous rumors have been suggesting. The iPhone 5S is said to be similar in size and design to its predecessor, the iPhone 5. This is hardly surprising, as all iPhones with the ‘S’ moniker have been aesthetically similar to the model they evolved from. We can be sure that changes will be made to the internals, and new software based features will be provided by iOS 7, which too will be announced in the summer.
The report also sheds some light on the highly anticipated mid-range iPhone. It has been in the news a lot lately. Apparently Apple is working with its manufacturing partners in Asia closely, as a result of which we can see the low cost iPhone being released in the second half of this year. It is going to have a 4 inch display and will be fashioned out of materials of lesser quality than the full fledged iPhone. Seems logical, its one of the biggest ways of driving price down. Apple, as always, has declined to comment.
- 2014-04-22 iOS 7.1.1 Update Brings Touch ID Improvements
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15 Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03 Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17 Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2013-08-25 iPhone 5C Allegedly Pictured During Testing
- 2013-08-13 Apple iPhone 5S Launch Will Be Most Successful Ever, Analyst Claims
- 2013-07-28 'iPhone 5C' Packaging Pictured In China
- 2013-07-25 Purported iPhone 5S Motherboard Leaks
- 2013-06-13 Parts Shipment For Low Cost iPhone Apparently On The Rise