If you so happen to live in the Land of the Rising Sun, then you will be pleased to hear that folks over there have already gotten hold of the LG Optimus G Pro, which is to follow in the footsteps of their brethren living in South Korea. South Koreans naturally gave the LG Optimus G Pro quite a warm reception, and LG might be keeping their fingers crossed that they too, will be able to obtain a similar level of warmth from the Japanese, or at least folks living in that region. NTT DoCoMo will be the mobile carrier of choice to offer the LG Optimus G Pro, but there is one difference between it and the South Korean model – the display has shrunk to 5” instead of 5.5”.
Still, the 5” display should be enough for most users, considering how it continues to retain the Full HD resolution, running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean as the operating system of choice on top of a 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 Processor, accompanied by 2GB RAM, has a 13-megapixel shooter at the back and a 2-megapixel shooter in front, with a 3,000mAh battery ensuring adequate power supply for the day. Just in case its 32GB of internal memory is not enough, there is also a microSD memory card slot thrown into the mix. [Press Release (Korean)]
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-02-05: LG Optimus G Pro To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat In Q2
- 2013-07-16: LG Optimus G Pro Gets Worldwide Rollout
- 2013-07-10: LG Optimus G Pro Gets Value Pack
- 2013-06-18: LG Optimus G Pro Sells One Million Units In South Korea
- 2013-05-13: Hands-On: LG Optimus GK Review