It looks as though Leap Motion is expanding beyond its partnership with Asus as HP is announcing it will not only be bundling the Leap Motion controller, but also integrating its motion control experience into a number of HP’s upcoming products.
The partnership between Leap Motion and HP will start by bundling the Leap Motion controller with select HP personal computers this summer, with a natural progression to HP devices being equipped with Leap Motion’s technology. In addition to the hardware, Leap Motion’s Airspace application will come pre-loaded on Leap Motion-integrated HP devices, which the company hopes will give developers a better opportunity to reach a much more global audience
Leap Motion notes this is the first time a deal has been struck with a manufacturer to integrate its technology into their upcoming products as its deal with Asus was just a bundling deal. Hopefully we’ll see more computer manufacturers choose to use Leap Motion’s technology since we feel it offers a great 3D experience that’s easy and natural to use.
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04 HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20 HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2013-09-19 HP ENVY17 with Leap Motion: Hands-On