Another day, another rumor concerning the upcoming iPad from Apple, and this time around, said report that has been making its rounds around the Internet claims that Apple will in all probability, rely on a modified LED backlight apparatus in order to ensure that the next generation 9.7” iPad would lose as much weight as possible, in addition to not take up too much space in your backpack or bag. NPD DisplaySearch informed the folks over at CNET that they do have hopes of seeing the fifth-generation iPad arrive with a more efficient LED array, in addition to introducing film-based touch sensor technology to the masses in an effort to slim down their flagship tablet device.
Analyst Paul Semenza said, “It’s likely that part of the thinner/lighter design will be reducing the size of the LED backlight, partly by making the display more efficient and partly by using more efficient LEDs.” It seems that the general consensus of the public is this – Apple should introduce a revamped 9.7” iPad design that will closely resemble that of the current iPad mini.
Next Story: Smartphone Used To Hijack Plane
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2012-06-21: The Aurora LED wall will dance to the music using an iPad
- 2010-01-29: Apple Files Patent On LED Backlight Technique