Patrick Rochon, a photographer and light painter for the Red Bull Illume international action and adventure sports photo contest, has managed to come up with a rather impressive photo shoot which should see jaws drop along the way. Rochon impresses as he not only managed to successfully capture expert wakeboarders in action, but he also worked alongside Evan Jones in order to come up with custom LED wakeboards that were meant for the competition especially.
Once the LED wakeboards were constructed, he managed to obtain footage of wakeboard riders Adam Errington, Dallas Friday, and Mike Dowdy, and had them make use of these modified wakeboards at Orlando’s OWC Cable Park for three nights running, which would translate to sunset to sunrise. Rochon said concerning the project, “The boundaries dividing sport and art are blurred in this collaboration in an effort to capture the inherent emotion and creativity of athleticism.” What do you think of this work of art? It is certainly unique, and if LED wakeboards were to be sold commercially, would you want to pick it up? Granted, going wakeboarding in the middle of the night is not the safest thing to do, but what’s life without a little bit of adrenaline rush, right?
- 2014-04-17 New LED Lamps Could Help Save Money, Improve Safety
- 2013-12-16 Philips' SlimStyle LED Bulb Available Jan. 2 For Under $10
- 2013-12-04 NAVIGATE Jacket Uses LEDs, Haptic Feedback To Help Direct Its Wearer
- 2013-10-24 Philips Introduces LED Lighting System To Help Comfort Intensive Care Patients
- 2013-10-20 China Introduces Li-Fi Bulb That Lets You Go Online