PayPal has been around a whole lot longer compared to smart TVs, but this does not mean that the old guard and the new cannot work together, as LG has demonstrated recently. In fact, LG Electronics is proud to be the first company in the world to offer the convenience of PayPal right on its Smart TV platform, where this capability will be made available on 2013 models of LG Smart TVs that are sold in the US, Canada and the United Kingdom. Apart from that, this particular PayPal feature will also make its way to LG Smart TVs that will be sold in France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Australia from this month onwards, and other markets are set to follow not too long after.
Another avenue for you to spend your money is definitely welcome, although those who find it difficult to rein in their monthly spending might see this as a curse. I suppose those advertisements shown will now come with the ability for you to make a purchase on the spot from your PayPal account without having to go through the usual phone calling method. When it comes to security, fret not, you are able to authenticate your identity and make the desired purchase by entering the right digits using a traditional remote or LG’s Magic Remote. [Press Release]
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 620 Firmware Gets Global Rollout
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2013-12-16: Spotify Coming To LG Smart TVs In Over 30 Countries Very Soon
- 2013-11-21: LG Smart TV Firmware Update Will Prevent It From Spying
- 2013-11-21: LG Investigating Claims Of Spying Smart TVs
- 2013-06-10: LG And Ubitus Announces GameNow Cloud Gaming Service On LG Smart TVs
- 2013-05-31: LG Smart TV App Gets Golf App To Help Improve Your Swing