Media Molecule, who is best known for their hugely popular Little Big Planet series, have been working on a new title for the PS Vita called Tearaway. Today, Sony is announcing the game will be made available on the PlayStation Network on October 22.
As you’ll see from a newly published video, Tearaway borrows much of its gameplay mechanics from Little Big Planet, although it isn’t just a side-scrolling platformer. Tearaway features a papery world where you can pick one of two messengers, iota or atoi, to help make a special delivery in the world. As you progress through the game, you’ll be given god-like powers to better help your messengers along their adventure. Touch-based gameplay seems to be of importance in Tearaway as many of the puzzles you’ll come across will ask the player to complete it by using the rear-touch panel as well as the Vita’s touch-screen.
Tearaway seems to be a pretty neat little PS Vita game and if it’s made by Media Molecule, then you can be sure it’ll be gaining a lot of attention when we get closer to its October release.
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-14: PS Vita Pets: Puppy Parlour To Tide You Over
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-02: PS Vita Pets Arriving June 3rd
- 2013-10-22: PSN Holds Halloween Sale Dropping Prices On The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead And More
- 2013-09-11: New PS Vita LCD Screen Compared To Previous Model's OLED Screen
- 2013-09-09: Sony Publishes Promotional Video Highlighting New PS Vita, PlayStation Vita TV
- 2013-09-09: PlayStation Vita TV Won't Run All Vita Games
- 2013-08-30: PlayStation Plus Members Getting Rayman Origins, ICO HD, More In September