We’ve seen Minecraft players create some pretty impressive structures and worlds within the game itself, and it looks like YouTube group, WorldGoodSquad, are looking to make a game within a game by recreating Mario Kart 64 in the world of Minecraft. While it is a pretty impressive creation, it honestly does not look that fun, although we guess we’d probably have to play it ourselves to get a better idea. Its creators are also planning a tournament and if the response is good, they will be planning another tournament after that. It looks like a pretty faithful recreation, although based on what we can see in the trailer, what’s missing are the powerups and abilities that players can pick up during the race if this were really Mario Kart. In any case if you have got a minute or so to spare, check out the trailer in the video above to see the game in action!
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-07: The Simpsons Couch Gag Gets A Minecraft Theme
- 2014-04-04: Minecraft For Xbox 360 Crosses The 12 Million Copies Sold Mark
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-28: Minecraft Creator States Minecraft For Oculus Rift Would Have Been Free